COVID-19 – YOUR JOURNEY THROUGH THE SALON
What is Covid 19
COVID-19 belongs to the Coronavirus category of viruses. Some viruses present very noticeable symptoms as soon as you are infected and with others you may only feel slightly under the weather. Those infected with COVID-19 often do not have any symptoms at all whereas others may have very mild symptoms. But, for a few, COVID-19 can be life-threatening.
COVID-19 is passed from person-to-person in two main ways:
- The first is through respiratory droplets generated by coughing and sneezing
- The second through contact with contaminated surfaces
How could COVID-19 be transmitted at euphoria?
The virus could be passed from person-to-person when coughing, sneezing or talking.
It could also be transmitted by touching something which someone with COVID-19 has previously touched or particles from someone’s breath has settled.
What measures have been put in place to ensure euphoria is COVID safe?
At the onset of the virus we made changes such as providing paper hand towels instead of towelling ones, ceased to use duvets, asked for card payments, increased the sanitisation of those areas which are frequently touched and asked clients to wash their hands as soon as they entered the salon.
Health, hygiene and safety are one of the core subjects included in our initial studies and over the lockdown period we have been looking at our rigorous policies and procedures, expanding them to include absolutely everything necessary (plus more) to ensure your safety. At your next visit euphoria will look slightly different as will your journey through.
Arranging your visit
- We will no longer be able to welcome visitors without appointments and we are asking all clients to telephone and arrange their appointment. This includes patch tests and retail purchases as well as treatments.
- When you telephone to make your appointment we will go through how you need to prepare for your visit.
- We have created a one way system through the salon so that you will be more able to socially distance, especially in our often congested reception area.
- We are asking that, if at all possible, you prepay for your treatment/s. This can be done over the telephone when you book your appointment or whilst you are waiting for your therapist on the day of your treatment.
The reason we are asking you to do this is to prevent the reception area from becoming overcrowded and not complying with social distancing guidelines. If you have ever visited euphoria at a particularly busy time you will have seen people waiting to pay for their treatment and schedule another one alongside someone who has popped in for a skin test and possibly someone who has called into the salon enquiring about future treatments or purchasing a gift voucher for a friend. There will also be people sitting waiting for their therapist who often aren’t alone and may have friends or family members accompanying them . . . and this isn’t taking into consideration the clients and therapists at our two nail desks, the therapists who are saying goodbye to one client and greeting the next and not forgetting our fantastic super organised receptionist who oversees all of this!! Government guidelines have stipulated that we have to put measures in place to stop people congregating in the reception area. Our solution is, whenever possible, to have a one way system through the salon, hence asking you to pre-pay so that you will be able to leave by our rear exit.
- We are extremely fortunate to have the covered space just outside of the salon and have created an outside reception area where you will be able to comfortably wait whilst socially distancing yourself from others.
- Please come alone for your treatment, unless a career usually accompanies you. If that is the case then if at all possible he/she will will be asked to wait outside.
- Please arrive wearing your own protective face covering and attract the receptionist’s attention so that she can come outside to give you a bag containing a new disposable face covering and, if your treatment permits an acrylic visor. All visors are thoroughly sanitised after each use. However, you are very welcome to use the Barbicide in the outside waiting area to clean yours for a second time. We are charging a nominal amount for this which may vary from time to time depending on the cost from our supplier.
- You will not be allowed to enter the salon until you have confirmed to the receptionist that you have not had any Covid-19 symptoms over the last 14 days nor have you been in contact with anyone over the past 7 days who has the virus.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands before you go through to our cloakroom. Once there pop the mask you have worn for your journey to euphoria into your handbag / pocket and wash your hands following the procedure highlighted in the poster on the cloakroom wall. Once your hands are dry take the new mask out of its protective packet and put it on. Then, being aware to socially distance from other people, make your way back to our outside reception area to wait for your therapist.
- All of the euphoria team will look a little different and will be wearing disposable face coverings, visors and, for some treatments, protective covering for their uniforms.
During your treatment
- Please be aware of other clients and the euphoria team if you need to visit the cloakroom/toilet. Your therapist will advise you when the area is free so that you are able to socially distance from others.
- Couches are fully protected with disposable paper roll and all towels will continue to be washed at 60 degrees between every use. New pillows which have a washable/cleanable surface have been purchased for your comfort but duvets will no longer be used, nor will face holes for massage treatments.
- As always Barbicide will continue to be used for the sanitisation of metal tools such as tweezers, cuticle nippers etc. This will be followed by emerging the tools in glass beads heated to a temperature of 240°C which provides a total sterilisation destroying all bacteria, viruses and spores.
- All bowls (manicure, pedicure, removal of masks etc) are sanitised after every use.
- You therapist will wash her hands and wear a new pair of disposable gloves before your treatment.
- Your therapist will liaise with the receptionist to arrange your next appointment so that you don’t have to go back to the reception area.
At the end of your treatment
- At the end of your treatment/s you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser before removing your visor. Your therapist will then accompany you to our rear exit and once you have left you will be able to remove your disposable face covering. Please take the mask home to dispose of hygienically.
- You won’t be able to leave a tip with the receptionist anymore so if it’s something you like to do please see your therapist.
- Time is allocated after each client to allow for all of those surfaces touched by the client to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.