Update regarding Step 4 of the road map from 19th July
Government guidance for Close Contact Services post 19th July requires businesses to consider their risk assessments, amending them if necessary whilst taking into consideration ventilation, cleaning and sanitisation, not allowing people with COVID-19 symptoms into the salon, allowing people to check in if they so wish, and communicating our implementations with clients.
A high percentage of the euphoria team fall into the vulnerable category and, whilst by 19th July a large percentage of our clientele will have had two vaccinations, many of our younger clients will still be waiting for their second dose and so aren’t yet fully protected from the virus.
We have a duty of care to provide a safe environment for all and taking everything into concentration, including the rapidly rising infection rate, it would not be best practice to relax any of our measures on 19th July.
We will update our COVID-19 measures as and when necessary and inform clients via our regular newsletters and our Facebook page.
What is Covid 19
COVID-19 is transmitted from person to person in the following ways:
- inhalation of very fine respiratory droplets and aerosol particles of the virus
- deposition of respiratory droplets and particles on exposed mucus membranes in the mouth, nose or eyes.
- touching mucous membranes with hands that have been soiled either directly by virus containing respiratory fluids or indirectly by touching surfaces with the virus on them.
What measures have been taken to ensure euphoria is COVID-19 safe?
- an outside reception area has been created.
- all clients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to their visit.
- all clients are asked to wear a mask chosen by euphoria to ensure everyone in the building has a mask which is ‘fit for purpose’ and thus minimises any potential risk.
- the therapy team wear a visor in addition to their mask.
- the reception team wear a mask.
- hand sanitising stations are in all treatment rooms and the reception.
- a one way system has been created and used as and when necessary.
- duvets have been replaced by microfibre throws which are washes, along with towels, after every use.
- air conditioning is no longer used.
- air purifiers have been purchased to clean and cool the air.
- the reception door is frequently opened to ensure the salon in ventilated.
- non toxic hypochlorus acid is used to sanitise all surfaces and touch areas between clients.
- treatment rooms are fogged with non toxic hypochlorus acid as and when necessary between clients.
How could COVID-19 be transmitted at euphoria?
The virus could be passed from person-to-person when coughing, sneezing or talking.
It could also be transmitted by touching something which someone with COVID-19 has previously touched or particles from someone’s breath has settled.
What measures have been put in place to ensure euphoria is COVID safe?
At the onset of the virus we made changes such as providing paper hand towels instead of towelling ones, ceased to use duvets, asked for card payments, increased the sanitisation of those areas which are frequently touched and asked clients to wash their hands as soon as they entered the salon.
Health, hygiene and safety are one of the core subjects included in our initial studies and over the lockdown period we have been looking at our rigorous policies and procedures, expanding them to include absolutely everything necessary (plus more) to ensure your safety. At your next visit euphoria will look slightly different as will your journey through.
Arranging your visit
It is unusual for us to have free time so that you can call in without an appointment so please contact our friendly reception team on 0115 922 0304 to arrange your treatment.
- We are extremely fortunate to have the covered space just outside of the salon and have created an outside reception area where you will be able to comfortably wait whilst socially distancing yourself from others.
- Please come alone for your treatment, unless a career usually accompanies you. If that is the case then if at all possible he/she will will be asked to wait outside.
- You will be required to wear a mask whilst in the salon. You are very welcome to wear your own new, type two 3 ply (or higher) mask or, if you wish, can purchase one from the salon for 50p.
During your treatment
- Please be aware of other clients and the euphoria team if you need to visit the cloakroom/toilet. Your therapist will advise you when the area is free so that you are able to socially distance from others if you so wish.
- Couches are fully protected with disposable paper roll and all towels will continue to be washed at 60 degrees between every use. New pillows which have a washable/cleanable surface have been purchased for your comfort but duvets will no longer be used, nor will face holes for massage treatments.
- As always Barbicide will continue to be used for the sanitisation of metal tools such as tweezers, cuticle nippers etc. This will be followed by emerging the tools in glass beads heated to a temperature of 240°C which provides a total sterilisation destroying all bacteria, viruses and spores.
- All bowls (manicure, pedicure, removal of masks etc) are sanitised after every use.
- You therapist will wash her hands/wear a new pair of disposable gloves before your treatment.
At the end of your treatment
Your therapist will guide you back to the reception area where you can pay for your treatment and make another one if you wish. We ask you to take your mask home and dispose of it hygienically.